Social Worker - Referral and Assessment
Caseloads: 18 children but in the process of revising that to 8-9 families per social worker. At times that may mean that social workers will have fewer than 18 children or slightly more depending on the size of the family.
Flexible Working Social workers are expected to undertake face to face visits to families. All social workers work in the office on a rota basis with their teams.
Expenses Locums are able to claim back mileage from their place of work to visits (this does not include travel from home to work). The service also have work oyster cards that can be provided
Referrals meeting the threshold for an assessment will be passed through to the Referral and Assessment Service by the MASH Team. These cases relate to children between the ages of 0-17.
The referrals can be:
• Child Protection - children who have suffered significant harm, or are at risk of suffering significant harm. Investigations and assessments of these children are usually conducted on a joint basis with the Police Child Abuse and Investigation Team (CAIT)
• Children in Need - children whose needs cannot be met through the CAF (Common Assessment Framework) and TAC (Team Around the Child) process or ones with a range of complex needs
• The initial stages of new Looked After episodes for a child or young person
• Families presenting as having No Recourse to Public Funds. Assessments are completed, through direct work with children and families plus appropriate professionals, to identify needs/risks and develop plans to meet these as appropriate. Case responsibility is then transferred to the appropriate teams within Social Care
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Why work for Sirona?
- Dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Fast payroll service
- Referral fee
- Locum and Permanent opportunities
If you are looking for work but this vacancy is not of interest please contact the Social Care Team or email [ Email address blocked ]
A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
Be HCPC Registered
Be eligible to work within the UK
- Flexible Working
Job ID: CP-QSW R+A
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using Jobmedic.co.uk you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobmedic.co.uk
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.