Software R&D Engineer
We are seeking a passionate software engineer with top notch Python and C coding skills to work, helping scientists and mechanical engineers develop new instruments for clinical analysis.
Do you have strong teamworking skills, a hacker mindset and want to play a leading role in the development of instruments from R&D to product launch?
You will work with the hardware team, writing code to control research and prototype instruments, and to collect and manipulate data from the instruments.
As the ideal Software R&D Engineering candidate:
* Excellent programming experience in Python and C
* Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware e.g. pumps and Robotic devices
* Skilled at data manipulation and presentation
* Software testing experience including writing automated test scripts
* Experience of developing API’s to control bespoke electronic equipment
Additionally, some of the following would be great:
* Experience programming software on medical instrumentation
* Experience of image processing and image pattern recognition
* Experience breadboarding and programming Raspberry Pi and/or microcontrollers such as PIC, STM32, Arduino, BeagleBone or similar
Some remote working possible but ideally close enough to Cambridge to travel in 1-2 days per week
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary £70-£75K + Comprehensive Bens to include:
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days holiday
* Share Options Scheme
* Flexible working
* Company Pension
* Group Income Protection
* Group Life Assurance
* Well-being initiatives
* Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
We would love to hear from Software R&D Engineers with specific backgrounds in areas such a pharmaceutical, medical device, instrumentation, or similar environments.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch ASAP
Don’t delay, apply NOW to find out more about this Software R&D Engineering role.
PurplePower is the agency on this permanent, Software R&D Engineering role.
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition