Our Client is a fast growing speciality Manufacturer and Distributor of raw materials to the UK & Irish Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemical, Agrochemical and Veterinary markets.
They are now seeking a Sourcing Manager – Pharmaceutical Ingredients for their Life Science Division. This position will be predominantly office based in Redditch, Worcestershire with occasional home working. It is a full-time permanent role reporting to the Division Manager
* To build technical value-added global supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships
* The Lead has internal and external recognition as an expert and will drive the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and will develop collaborative frameworks to drive achievement of vision, mission and strategy for the Division
Procurement activities supporting Customer sales and business development:
* Achieve best in class performance for sourcing activities.
* Develop robust workload planning that shapes the team’s priorities
* Develop strategic contacts and support commercial targets in Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, Fine Chemical and Veterinary markets
* Work alongside QRESH, Finance, IT and Marketing Communications to increase productivity and performance for internal and external stakeholders
Working alongside the Technical Manager:
* Identify and engage with Manufacturers of chemical intermediates, APIs and excipients able to provide technical solutions along the supply chain from Intermediates to Market Authorisation holders
* Obtain marketing information (product knowledge, prices, literature)
* Support Communication with Supplier Partners (sales related activities, market information, product development)
* Identify and cultivate with the team new Supplier Partners by creating the market within identified opportunities emerging from vision and strategies for growth within the Life Science Division
Qualifications and Experience
* BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or similar
* Preferably knowledgeable of the Pharmaceutical or Life Science industry with the willingness to travel to develop deep business relationships with Key Global Suppliers for pharmaceutical industry products
* Industry presence and commercial acumen to interest, engage and develop new Supplier Partners
* Recognised capability to support the sales process on a technical level
* Experience of applying technical knowledge in a commercial environment.
* Knowledge of procurement systems and IT led infrastructures
* Proven contract negotiation skills
* Demonstrated written and verbal leadership and influence
* Excellent communicator at all levels
* Able to lead teams to achieve objectives and delivery milestones
* Able to work autonomously in a complex environment
* Determination, energy, tenacity, enthusiasm, loyalty, need to achieve.
* Ability to work productively in mixed work hub and remote office environments.
In return, our Client is offering a basic salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (salary is negotiable and dependent on experience) plus benefits which include five weeks holiday, pension and healthcare.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd
New Product Development