Specialist in Special Care Dentistry
Medical & Dental Band B - £64,970 - £75,991
Surrey – across multiple sites
37.5 hours per week
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated Clinical Dental Specialist looking to join an organisation that is dedicated to clinical excellence whilst ensuring our staff members feel valued each and every day?
Your days will be rewarding and fulfilling as your undertake this exciting new opportunity. When working in this role, you will (but not limited to):
* Identify commonly occurring medical emergencies and lead the dental team in the appropriate first line management of the emergency, using appropriate techniques, equipment and drugs.
* Plan, develop, implement and evaluates appropriate interventions to prevent disease and promote health for individual patients
* Undertake a thorough examination of patients and be able to plan, manage and deliver care to a wide range of patients.
* Undertake appropriate investigations during patient examination to determine the need for specialist advice in the management of the developing dentition
To fulfil this role, you will:
* Be a registered specialist in Special Care Dentistry
* Have GDC Full Registration
* Have postgraduate training relevant to Special Care and/or Paediatric Dentistry.
* Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing Special Care Dentistry
You will feel valued as a Specialist in Special Care Dentistry with us at Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
* Medical & Dental Band B - £64,970 - £75,991, including NHS Pension
* Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance
* Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
* Access to Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
* Feel the difference fund – a fund which brings ‘Feel the difference’ to life, giving every employee a chance to have their thoughts and ideas heard.
* Access to MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges
* Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
* Benefits you’d expect from working with an NHS partner including NHS discount
* And other benefits such as on-site parking, open plan office, rural attractive locations, easy access to transport links, team ‘away days’, ‘wellbeing Wednesdays’ and more.
Feel the Difference
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.