I am looking for a Specialist Physiotherapist (Fixed Term) to join our own in-house therapy team. You will contribute to the development and delivery of a specialist service, providing rehabilitation programmes for patients with brain injury and complex neurological conditions.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals to deliver the best care and rehabilitation for patients.
As a Specialist Physiotherapist, you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all puts people first.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five-Year Forward View.
To work as a care co-ordinator or associate worker (where applicable) with individuals who have serious and enduring mental health difficulties. To be fully involved in the multi-disciplinary team making an essential contribution to develop effective partnerships which are consistently responsive to the needs of the Adults admitted to the service.
To provide the professional lead in all adult safeguarding matters, both internally for patients and staff and externally for Safeguarding team and other agencies as required.
* To perform advanced neurological physiotherapy assessments and treatment to patients, often with diverse, complex, or multiple pathologies and presentations
* To work as an autonomous practitioner to formulate a treatment plan and management programme according to assessment findings and to develop and maintain high standards of patient care
* To be an integral member of the physiotherapy team and MDT, contributing to the management of the department and the training and supervision of students, assistants and other health care professionals
* To contribute to the management and development of staff especially with regard to all aspects of clinical governance and to deputise for senior staff as required
* To utilise research skills for audit, policy, service development and clinical research
* To provide an advanced neurological physiotherapy service to primary and tertiary referred patients
* To implement policy changes within the neurophysiotherapy service and the wider organisation
* To be able to exert moderate to intense physical effort for frequent periods throughout the working day e.g. crawl, kneel, squat, crouch, bend during assessment and treatment of neurological patients and also manoeuvre manual handling equipment around the centre
To join as a Specialist Physiotherapist, you will: -
* Have as a minimum a BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in physiotherapy
* Hold a current registration with the HPC
* Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
* Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
* Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
* Have a legal right to work in the UK
* Fixed term contract - Maternity cover (12 Months)
Don't keep a good thing to yourself : Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Specialist Physiotherapist vacancy, please call Jake on [Click here to apply]
quoting reference JHW8037 or email your CV to [Click here to apply]
Key Words: Physio, Physiotherapist, ABI, Neurological, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Band 6, London, South-East