NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
10 ( possibility of increasing to 13 session following job plan )
£40,232 to £75,023 for basic 10 sessions
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the "Disability Confident Employer" scheme. We also offer a number of family-friendly benefits, including childcare voucher schemes, work-life balance policies and on-site crèche facilities.
Visit our web site Today: [Click here to apply]
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor - Speciality Doctor in Nephrology
Salary: £40,232 - £75,023 (for 10 Basic Sessions - up to 13 sessions per week possible)
The Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board welcomes applicants for 1 x full time post of Specialty Doctor within the Nephrology Service at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor.
Ysbyty Gwynedd is located on the doorstep of the Snowdonia National Park and the Menai Straits, and covers a rural area the size of Greater London. There are unique challenges in delivering high quality health care to this diverse population, and we are seeking a highly motivated team player to come and join a dynamic team of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
The Health board is committed to achieve excellence in clinical medicine and we can offer the right candidate:
* Enthusiastic, friendly and supportive staff and environment.
* An active and supportive research opportunity.
* An active grand round program and the education centre for ongoing professional development.
If you are interested in this post and have MRCP we would be delighted to hear from you. A post in this area offers:
* Strong hospital links with Bangor University. In the last 9 years an active research programme has resulted in recruitment of research students including supporting a doctorate. There is a track record of multiple publications including primary basic research, reviews, medical student projects and case reports.
* Opportunity to develop as a clinical teacher supervising various grades of trainee, and the opportunity to develop training qualifications and a role in the Deanery and local education faculties.
* Established links with the North Wales Clinical School in conjunction with University of Wales College of Medicine with medical students attached to the firm.
* Reasonably priced housing in an outstanding area of natural beauty around Gwynedd and Anglesey.
* Excellent facilities for all outdoor leisure pursuits in the heart of Snowdonia area and access to world class water sports.
* Excellent road and rail links with the rest of the mainland UK including Manchester & Liverpool Airports and a fast ferry service to the Republic of Ireland from Holyhead.
* A variety of educational facilities with renowned high quality local schools from both sectors.
* Excellent relocation package.
Terms and conditions are offered under the terms of the NHS Wales Medical and Dental Conditions of Service.
To apply for this post, please apply on-line via NHS Jobs or Trac.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Non EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
* Job Description
* Personal Spec
* Guidance for Applicants
* Values and Proud to Lead
* NWSSP Recruitment Services Privacy Notice
* NWSSP Hire to Retire Privacy Notice
* NHS North Wales - The Right Choice
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Apply online now
Further details / informal visits contact
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to visit Ysbyty Gwynedd and are invited to speak to Doctor Alejmi, Consultant and Lead Nephrologist.
Please contact Julie Mummary on [Click here to apply]
or [Click here to apply]
to arrange an informal visit.