An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor at Cygnet Raglan House.
Cygnet Raglan House is a 25 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation hospital for women. The service is designed to provide an environment which promotes mental health recovery by focusing on space, personal privacy and dignity.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work alongside the onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and as part of the Multidisciplinary Team to provide excellent clinical services to the adults within our care. Your duties will include:
• To assess all patients by completing a thorough history and examination
• To ensure day-to-day physical health and mental health care of patients are being met by regular review with nursing team.
• To be responsible for the completion of necessary CPA, Managers Panels and Mental Health Tribunal reports in conjunction with the Consultant Psychiatrist
• Prescribing and reviewing medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist
• Initiating treatment plans using the care programme approach and good medical practice within the MDT setting
• Undertaking clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care
• Participating in the on-call rota 1 week per month
We are looking for people who have:
• Full GMC registration
• Experience in Adult Psychiatry is essential
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
• The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• The ability to work with as part of a Multidisciplinary team
• Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary: up to £80k (depending on experience)
• The ability to work alongside an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and multidisciplinary team
• Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
• CPD support and study leave
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
• Medical indemnity cover
The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme:
• You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
• You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
• You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
• You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
We have over 30 years` experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in applying for this role and would like to speak with someone for an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact Dr. Sri Lanka (Regional Medical Director - Midlands) on [Click here to apply]
•Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.