Job -Specialty Doctor / Associate Specialist Psychiatrist
Permanent Position Salary (phone number removed) Plus excellent package
We are currently recruiting a Full Time Specialty Doctor / Associate Specialist Psychiatrist to join my Client on a Male Acute Ward .
We offer a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
This is Your Opportunity To:
Assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant care plans are put in place, including starting and monitoring medication under the supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist.
* Support the multidisciplinary team by providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery of 14 patients.
* Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to individual service user’s needs.
* Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, other multidisciplinary meetings, Mental Health Act assessments, preparation of Mental Health Review Tribunal and Hospital Managers Hearing Reports and attendance at these meetings, under supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
* Participate in the 1 in 5 on call duty doctors’ rota.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
* Full GMC registration.
* Post registration experience as a Ward Doctor / Specialist Doctor role in Psychiatry.
* Up to date knowledge / working experience within Acute Services.
* The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement, have experience in making clinical decisions, assessing and managing risk and knowing when to seek help.
* The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
* The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes.
* Proven record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
* Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
* Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications.
You Will Have:
* Salary up to £90,000, depending upon your experience.
* Company pension scheme.
* Regular support and supervision from consultant psychiatrists and multidisciplinary teams.
* Annual leave entitlement, paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company, bank holidays, and study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
* Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
* The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
* The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
* The opportunity to contribute to the development of the service as it responds to the changing healthcare landscape.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Please send your cv for immediate call back as this is an urgent position and hiring NOW
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Psychiatry - Stevenage) .