Job Title - Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Banding - Either Band 6 or Band 7 (Depending on Experience)
Group Type - Children's Health & Development
Working Rota - Monday to Friday
Working Times - 09:00-17:00 (paid as 37.5 hour per week)
Start Date - 19/04/2021 or as soon as possible
End Date - 23/07/2021
Location - Delivery of speech and language therapy provision as outlined in EHCPs within the following special school settings:
1. Woodlane High School, Du Cane Road, London W12 0TN
2. Cambridge School, 61 Bryony Road, London W12 0SP
Please note, the post holder will be required to work on school sites and work face to face with students (following CLCH guidance e.g. wearing PPE, hand hygiene, limiting face to face contact where possible e.g. using telehealth for meetings and trainings)
The post holder will work as part of a team with opportunities to cross over with other members of the team.
Rates - To be negotiated by client - between £20.00 - £30.00 per hour, depending on current banding and experience.
• Working with secondary aged children and young people with a range of speech language and communication needs including Developmental Language Disorder (DLD), typically higher functioning Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), moderate Learning Difficulties (LD) , Global Developmental Delay , both low and high tech AAC users, and/or Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties (Cambridge School) within an educational setting as part of an MDT to meet outcomes as identified on EHCPs.
This to include:
Joint target setting, planning and delivering therapy programmes in collaboration with school staff, coaching and training school staff and parents, reviewing progress, contribution to annual reviews and completion of paperwork e.g. case notes, target sheets, written reports.
• Implementing relevant approaches e.g. Smile Therapy, Social Thinking, Shape Coding, Colourful Semantics, elements of SCERTS, knowledge of Paget Gorman Signed Speech desirable, but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills along with skills in the areas of time management, problem-solving and negotiation.
• Passion for working towards functional outcomes in collaboration with education colleagues and families.
• Team player
Complex Problem Solving