The Grove Resource Centre - Hindhead
This is a Full Time Position: 37.5 hours per week.
Pay Rate: £9.25ph
Receive £500 for joining Voyage Care (*T&C's apply)
We are seeking a Sports Facilitator to plan and develop sessions that deliver a good level of both fun and exercise for the individuals that attend our day service in Hindhead. The service supports adults with learning and physical disabilities.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will work with the people who attend our service in order to meet their needs for both fitness and diversity of enjoyment through sport. Supporting the individuals to make use of community resources to enable community participation and promote social inclusion.
Working as part of a team, you will liaise with parents/carers and staff from other agencies and organisations to assess individual's strengths and developmental needs. You will also provide guidance to the support staff to implement both sports and games that are transferable into the home environment of those they are supporting.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- A mixture of in house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life assurance & Pension Scheme
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend now from £500-£2000 T&C's Apply
You should be well educated, with excellent verbal communication skills, with an outgoing personality and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
We ensure that the people we support reach their full potential - and of course we'll make sure that you reach yours.
- Excellent communication skills are vital.
- You must also be able to swim and be willing to support service users in and out of the pool as well as work with them in the water.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and be willing to drive the service vehicles.
- The ability to prioritise your own workload and to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Experience of working in a day service environment with the client group would be advantageous.
Click Apply to complete our one page application…….All applications & CV's are reviewed on a daily basis.
Receive £500 for joining Voyage Care (£250 after month 1 and £250 after probation)
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
It is an expectation that all staff are to have had or be part of the Covid- 19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check for Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
*Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Working