Staff Nurse - Learning Disabilities Rehab
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Salary: £28119 - £34378.50 per annum ( £14.42 - £17.62 per hour ) plus £1,000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours). The hospital can also consider fixed shifts.
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 8.00pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8.00am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Further Details: We are looking for talented and dedicated Registered Mental Health nurses and Registered Learning Disabilities Nurses to work in our friendly Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Rehabilitation and Community Service based near Canterbury. We specialise in the treatment of patients, male and female with an intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum conditions, mental health disorders and complex needs. The site is intentionally split into five separate bungalows/houses, not only does this arrangement better reflect future community living but this patient group do better in small familiar environments where there are less people and less noise. On the same site is a transitional service for those preparing to move on.
We are keen to hear from Nurses passionate about helping our residents transition back to their home environments with as many life skills as possible - we have a dedicated school on site to help with this and many activities in place to allow our residents to flourish in the least restrictive environment possible with the support they need from our dedicated team.
Shifts : We can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and can be flexible with shifts where possible. Our shift pattern is 7.30am - 8.00pm (days) and 7.30pm - 8.00am (nights). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application
- £1,000 welcome bonus
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.