Staff Nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) Learning Disabilities rehabilitation
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Salary: £22,912 - £30108 per annum ( £11.38 - £15.44 per hour ) plus £1,000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours). The hospital can also consider fixed shifts.
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 8.00pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8.00am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Further Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN or RNLD to work within a Learning Disabilities rehabilitation community situated in Canterbury. This facility specialises in the treatment of patients, male and female with an intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum conditions, mental health disorders and complex needs. The site is intentionally split into five separate bungalows/houses, not only does this arrangement better reflect future community living but this patient group do better in small familiar environments where there are less people and less noise. On the same site is a transitional service for those preparing to move on.
Service Details: The Service has a good CQC rating across all key lines of enquiry. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training. They have an extremely high staff to patient ratio. They also have a buddy system where you will have an experienced mentor for support if you would like it when you join the team.
Shifts : The Hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 7.30am - 8.00pm (days) and 7.30pm - 8.00am (nights). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application
- £1,000 welcome bonus
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.