About the team:
Lilacs Ward has a well-established, high achieving team that specialises in the support of adults with serious mental illness. Our patients present as either emergency admissions; or planned admissions depending on their presentation.
Admissions are accepted 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, and can be accepted under the Mental Health Act or on an Informal basis. The adults admitted to our ward present with a variety of complex needs including psychosis, depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorder, often posing a risk to themselves.
Our main ethos is to support patients in a collaborative and person centered manner. We work closely with relatives and carers to ensure not only the patient but their family are supported.
About the role:
We will give you the opportunity to continue to develop your career and be involved in cutting edge care and support. SWLSTG NHS Trust offers excellent learning and development opportunities as well as the chance to be involved in research and practice development. We want to support you in your career and give you options to progress into managerial or senior clinical positions.
The successful candidate will work with the Ward Manager, Consultant and Other members of the MDT in order to monitor and ensure high standards of care are delivered and maintained.
The successful candidate will be a registered mental health nurse with some experience that would like to maximise their potential and learn the skills to be an acute psychiatric nurse and who would like to develop these skills further.
The successful candidate will act as a professional role model who possesses excellent clinical skills which you will have the opportunity to use including the co-ordination of shifts and acting as a primary nurse to adults in your care. The successful candidate will have an active role in leading, motivating and inspiring the team.
About the location:
Tolworth is easily accessible via the Southern line from Waterloo Station to Surbiton Station or Tolworth Station. From Surbiton you will need to get the K1 or 281 Bus to Tolworth Hospital and from Tolworth station it is only a 10 minute work to Tolworth hospital.
There is a canteen/restaurant on site where food and beverages are available; it has both hot and cold food. There are cafes, restaurants and shops in the local area, providing variety of menu. Parking is available on site (subsidised fares for all substantive staff), also in the local area.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
• Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
• Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
• Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
• Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
• NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
• Eye examinations
• Looking after your health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Car lease scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare vouchers
• Staff restaurants
• Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
This advert closes on Thursday 20 Feb 2020