The team at Spire Manchester is pleased to announce we are looking for an ambitious, dedicated person to join our team as a critical care nurse. This is a lead role and you will be responsible for identifying new trends within critical care, helping the staff team update their competencies and providing updates to the management team. You will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities geared towards critical care and have access to a wider support network of other Critical Care Nurses across our Group of 39 hospitals.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive.
Duties and responsibilities :
- The post-holder will have experience in either ITU, HDU or CCU, caring for level 2/3 patients
- Ensure that patient care is consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures, also ensuring a clean and safe environment
- You will also promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- Update own competencies and assist other staff members with updating theirs
- Assist Senior Staff in their management of department and provide effective leadership and management in their absence
Who we're looking for
- NMC registered Nurse experienced in working in Critical Care and hold Intermediate life support training dated within the last 18 months
- ALS training or a willingness to undertake this training and evidence of critical care learning is desired
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
Please see the attached benefits leaflet under ‘’additional information’’ for more details.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Claire Murphy on [ Link removed ]
Training And Development