We have an exciting opportunity for an E Grade Staff Nurse to join our Pre-admission/pre-assessment department, based at The London Clinic’s main hospital site in London. We are offering a competitive salary of £35,309 - £39,599, and we offer a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. We have approx. 1300 employees across 8 sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
As an E Grade Staff Nurse you will work with senior and junior staff co-ordinating and delivering a Pre-Admission service in keeping with the Clinic’s Philosophy, the Departments Policies/Protocols and NMC guidelines.
- Job Location: This role is located at our main hospital site in London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Service runs from 8am to 7pm; Monday to Saturday (Shift Rotation – 3x Long days & 1x Short day p/week, as well as alternative Saturday shifts)
- Salary: The salary range for this role is £35,309 - £39,599, and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of an effective pre-operative assessment service, as well as the screening of patients with evidence-based care, implementing change and relevant processes to improve quality.
- Provide effective pre-operative assessments for a variety of elective surgical and interventional procedures.
- Responsible for individualised patient care as appropriate working closely with the consultants, nursing colleagues and clerical staff.
- Acting as a positive role model and fostering a culture that encourages the team to be innovative, forward thinking and dynamic thus generating new initiatives towards service development.
- Promote research-based practice and clinical audit.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Surgical experience with pre-assessment skills and is conversant in the documentation process.
- Proven experience in ECG/bloods interpretation and proficiency in Phlebotomy.
- The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, as well the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills who is friendly, flexible and adaptable in your approach.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.