We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 ICU Nurse to join our Intensive Care Unit based at 20 Devonshire Place, W1G, with a salary range on offer of £34,024 - £44,205. The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
As an ICU Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week (Days, nights and weekends.)
We offer a comprehensive package including a contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 days annual leave (inclusive), as well as a wide range of other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead on the delivery of individualised patient care acting as the named nurse, ensuring the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation is in line with evidence base practices.
- Communicate effectively with dignity and respect to patients, relatives, staff and others giving consideration to potential barriers to understanding.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive nursing records are maintained using appropriate IT Healthcare systems available.
- Maintain own continuing professional development in accordance with CPD requirements and contribute to formulation of own objectives and personal development plan.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Adult Nurse with up to date NMC registration
- Clinical experience within an Acute High Dependency or Intensive Care setting.
- ITU/Critical Care and/or Mentorship qualification is desirable, but we offer the required courses after an initial period of employment has been completed based on a fair interview process.
- Familiar with basic physiology and have a theoretical knowledge base for acute nursing, including mechanical ventilation, renal replacement therapies, advance haemodynamic monitoring, and knowledge on routine medication administered in Intensive Care Settings.
We are an organisation that has charitable status, and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
Intensive Care Unit