Join the HSJ 2018 Highly Commended Trust of the year, to deliver our vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. Currently The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
It’s a very exciting time here in Dorset with a recent review kick-starting major improvements to the way healthcare is provided. Among which is the proposed merge with fellow acute hospital Poole Hospital. Our Joint CEO Debbie Fleming is passionate about our collective goal to create a new organisation that is even better, and change how we deliver care in a way that will improve services and deliver better outcomes
We have an exciting opportunity for applications from enthusiastic individuals to work within our busy theatre complex. We are looking for experienced Theatre Practitioners, including Registered Nurses and Operating Department Practitioners for full and part time positions.
We have 17 operating theatres distributed over four suites on this site, and cover both elective and emergency surgery in the following specialities; gynaecology, orthopaedics, urology, vascular, colorectal, breast, endocrine, and upper GI. We have the latest technology including the da Vinci Robot and we run a 24/7 emergency operating service (CPOD). Our staff are our greatest asset and we believe that supporting our workforce to grow, develop and innovate creates a great place to work and enables us to provide excellent care and compassion to our patients. Excellent training opportunities are provided with external and internal development.
We are looking for individuals who will enjoy working as part of the multidisciplinary team, and you should ideally be proficient in scrub and anaesthetics. Theatre is a fast paced environment where a positive attitude, energy and innovation are welcomed. Successful candidates must be able to work various shift patterns and be fully flexible in order to cover comprehensive 24 hour surgical service. Any applicants wishing to visit the department prior to applying or interview would be welcome to make contact.
Please ensure you take the time to tell us in your supporting evidence why you would be right for this post in theatres
Interview date: to be confirmed
For further details / informal visits contact:
Why join us? Not only do we offer an excellent service to our patients, we also work hard to support our staff and ensure they feel valued and supported. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients. We also enjoy a great place to live on the south cost, from award winning beaches to beautiful views!
Advert may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see [Click here to apply].
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ([Click here to apply]), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the [Click here to apply] for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.