Staff Nurse - Complex Care / Brain Injuries £1,000 WELCOME BONUS
Location: Ashford, Kent
Salary: £28604 - £31393 p/a ( £15.27 - £16.76 p/h ) plus £1,000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours). The hospital can also consider fixed shifts.
Further Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced RGN, RMN or RNLD to work within a Learning Disabilities rehabilitation community situated in Canterbury. This facility specialise in the treatment of individuals with physical and cognitive impairments as a result of a traumatic or acquired brain injury. They provide comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy. They also provide residential care and respite care. The service is for individuals over the age of 18 years with mobility and cognitive difficulties who are medically stable. They are experienced at managing people who have associated needs such as specialist spasticity management, PEG feeds and skin integrity problems. Most of the people we help have neurological difficulties which may be the result of any brain injury or trauma and outpatient services.
There are two buildings on our 12 acre site: the original House and a separate brain injury rehabilitation centre. They offer a range of services from specialist rehabilitation in the months immediately following a brain injury right through to independent living for those patients preparing to go home. They also offer residential care.
Service Details: The Service has a good CQC rating across all key lines of enquiry. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training. They have an extremely high staff to patient ratio.
Shifts : The Hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 7.30am - 8.00pm (days) and 7.30pm - 8.00am (nights). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application
- £1,000 welcome bonus
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.