Staff Nurse | Surgical Ward | Slough | Band 5 | Fixed Term Contract | Mixed Shifts | Training opportunities
Spire Thames Valley are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Registered Nurse. You will work within safe COVID pathways and benefit from our fully funded training programs and excellent IPC support, The current Ward Manager Sue said the below when asked what she enjoyed the most about working at Thames Valley.
“The team is more like a family, everyone gets on. We all go the extra mile for each other”
Spire Thames Valley is a state-of-the-art private hospital. We offer fast access to consultations with specialists in a wide range of treatments, supported by advanced imaging and diagnostic technology
Duties and responsibilities
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse with NMC registration with no restrictions or conditions
- Ideally must have a minimum of 1 years surgical experience
- Experience in supporting and mentoring junior staff members is desirable but not essential
- Experience in caring for acutely unwell patients is desirable but not essential
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Surgical Procedures