Role: Supervisor/Care Co-ordinator - Permanent
Search Consultancy is seeking a Supervisor to work on a permanent basis to provide the highest quality of care and support to our client based in Edinburgh.
The role of Supervisor is to make sure customers receive excellent quality care and support to keep them safe and comfortable in their own homes. Compassion, good communication and organisational skills together with a calm and caring manner are vital for this important role.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Ensure the efficient running of a designated area and the supervision of care assistants
* Make sure the company provides safe, effective, high quality care that is responds to each customer's needs and preferences
* Prior to each service commencing, carry out with customers (and/or their chosen representatives) an assessment of what the customer needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment
* Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer's wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date
* Give care assistants appropriate information and guidance to effectively and safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan
* Attend the customer's first call to introduce the care assistant. Report changes to care schedules without delay to the coordinator, customer and care assistant
* Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties
* Arrange and manage staff changeovers and briefings for live in care assignments in the absence of the lead supervisor and registered manager
* 28 days annual leave
* 40p mileage for business use
* Uniforms and smart phone provided
* Access to a company pool car
* Private health care scheme
Due to the nature of the role, experience in care is essential, preferably in a Care Co-ordinator role within the Care at Home sector. SSSC Registration will be required, in addition to a driving licence essential for this post.
Please get in touch today to discuss this opportunity further! Take your career to the next level. (Agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.