Do you have proven experience in working in procurement? Are you resilient and analytical? Are you looking for a challenging role where you can make a real difference? The candidate will work as a Supplier Account Manager for a top medical company to uphold strong supplier relationships with established contracts and ensure buying costs are kept low with top-level negotiation skills. The role is working in the Diabetes Care Division of my client, where the account manager will be managing a portfolio of suppliers and products sourced globally.
• Responsible for managing the relationship with selected suppliers and acting as the main point of contact between those suppliers and internal functions.
• Overall procurement responsibility for selected categories of materials and services.
• Achieve set KPI/Targets on cost-saving initiatives through negotiation and supply chain optimisation.
• Managing supplier pricing/cost structure to best advantage and to deliver against material cost budgets.
• Visiting suppliers' sites with the UK and international travel is required.
To be considered for this new opportunity, you must have:
• Educated to a degree level is essential, desirable if in business, science or engineering
• Experience working in a procurement role
• A strong understanding of cost-saving activities and risk management
• Be able to build and maintain successful and effective relationships
• A strategic mindset with the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs
• Drive and resilience, demonstrated with a persistent, never give up attitude
• Confidence, likeability, and an authoritative personality
• Stakeholder management - effective at using stakeholders as resources
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
If you are interested and passionate about being a Supplier Account Manager and want to work for a global medical company, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
- Business Requirements
- Financial Management