Support Worker - 18 hours - Prestatyn - Denbighshire
£16,250 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
30 Nov 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference? It's not just a job, it's a life experience. Join us and help us change lives.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at one of the local services in Prestatyn. We are looking for positive, trustworthy and caring Support Workers to join our team on a permanent -part time basis. As a support worker at Mencap you will be supporting people at all ages with learning disabilities to live the best possible life. In these roles, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives.
You will be responsible and involved in the everyday life of the people we support. You will be providing support with day to day activities including: supporting with finances, cooking, cleaning and helping with personal care if required.
Another big part of being a support worker is being part of the fun! You will get to do things such as going to the cinema, bowling, theatre, swimming and all other activities the people you support enjoy.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week/weekends, including mornings, evenings and sleep-ins. You will also be required to work band holidays.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Role Profile Apply