Applications close in 4 days
Support Worker - Burgess Hill
£16,250 Per Annum + Excellent Benefits
Advertising End Date:
31 Oct 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We are looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers in Burgess Hill who are currently supporting 4 people in supported living whom have a learning disability. We also support a number of people through our outreach service in the surrounding area.
We have a full time contract available (37.5 hours per week). Shifts are rota based and will be spread across morning, afternoons, evening and include sleep ins. Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays, weekends and bank holidays.
There are a number of things that are import ant to the people within the service- one person we support said that they like to be involved with things within the house, go out with friends and listen to music - who doesn't enjoy relaxing to their favourite artist? Furthermore, another person we support explained a number of things as being important to them, in particular, they have a real interest in all things arts & crafts - so a creative side would be a really positive.
As a support worker, you will be required to support the people within our services in a number of ways. Some of these will include: supporting with finances, cooking and preparing meals, introducing the people we support to new things around the local community and occasionally transfer the people we support - so drivers would be preferred but not essential.
As a support worker, all you'll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support those within our services, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
Job reference: 18062
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Additional Information Role Profile Apply