Job Title: Support Worker - Full Time, Wake Nights: 35 hours per week
Shifts: Covering shifts on a rota basis, Monday - Sunday; 10:00pm - 8:00am (shifts would consist of 3 nights one week and 4 nights the next week)
Service/Location: Devonshire House in Ardwick, Manchester
Pay Rate: £9.70 per hour
We are looking for dedicated and ambitious staff for our new 24 bed ABI rehabilitation service; Devonshire House in Ardwick, Manchester. This will be a challenging but rewarding role and an exciting opportunity to be involved in a service from its inception.
The Support Worker role is to empower & support service users to rebuild their lives. The focus of the service is to provide a supportive environment for people to develop skills and strategies in order to lead a more fulfilled and independent life. Our support workers incorporate both therapy-based activities and social based activities.
At Voyage Care, we already have 18 specialist ABI rehabilitation services across the country, and we work intensively with multi-disciplinary teams to rehabilitate and provide on-going care and support for people with brain injuries and complex needs.
Voyage Care - Sector-leading quality
- 96% of English registered locations were rated as Good or Outstanding by the CQC. That's 10% above the national average!
- 100% of Scottish registered locations were graded overall compliant by the Care Inspectorate.
- 100% of Welsh registered locations were rated as compliant by the Care Inspectorate Wales.
- We are proud to have 8 services rated outstanding by CQC.
For Support Workers in this location, preferably with a FULL UK (Manual) Driving Licence and ideally with working/paid experience in care. All staff will receive 3 full days of specialist ABI training as part of their induction package.
We offer a great range of benefits which include:
- Paid DBS & Holidays **
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from £250 - £750 (T&C's Apply)
**Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.