Support Worker - Social Care
* Bath, BA1 0AQ
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Are you looking for a career change and want to work in Care? whether you have experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
We are looking for enthusiastic Support Workers to provide person-centred support to 5 people with complex needs in Bath. There is 1 gentleman and 4 ladies living in one big house which has a shared lounge, kitchen and a sensory room. They enjoy a variety of activities such as going to the cinema, eating out, bowling, swimming and trips to the beach.
You will provide:
- Personal care and support with getting out and about
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community
- Work together with the behaviour support team and the family to provide the best possible support.
In return, we offer you a range of benefits and rewards which can be found in the job description attached.
Alongside that, we give you the opportunity to:
- Obtain your Health Care Certificate.
- On successful passing of probation the opportunity to obtain your NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Gain access on our Aspire Career Development programme.
Drivers are preferred for this role, however not essential.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Ramya Giri on [Click here to apply]
. Alternatively, please send your CV to [email protected]
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident .