Support Worker - Yeovil
£16,820 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
14 Jun 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for a caring and positive Support Worker to join our service in Yeovil where we support 7 people with a learning disability!
This can either be a full time, or part time position - what's really important to us is that you are the right match for the service.
So what does our Yeovil service look like?
You will be based in one of two Supported Living services. In one of these services we support 4 ladies, and in the second we support 2 ladies and 1 gentlemen.
Dog lovers in particular will find themselves right at home in this service because the people that we support LOVE pets, and we have one lady who's really hoping to volunteer at an animal sanctuary! Or maybe you're dead excited for Wimbledon? If so you'd be a great (tennis) match for one of the ladies that we support who's diary revolves around any sport that's on! We also have music lovers (especially instruments), and most of the people we support love to go and see shows or to the cinema, and fish and chips at the beach!
It's really important that you are comfortable when it comes to providing personal care as it is a requirement in this service. Rest assured our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can possibly be.
Support workers must be flexible in the hours they can work, as support can be required 24 hours a day. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week, weekends and bank holidays with sleep-ins as well (payment for sleep ins are compliant and competitive with National Living Wage).
You do not need to have experience but it is essential that you share our values. As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Csapply)
This position is based in Yeovil with excellent links to public transport.
Job reference 17075
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Role Profile Apply