Job title: Support Worker
Location: St Albans
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Shifts 10-10 - days or nights available
Role: Permanent Contract 24-36 hours per week
We are an award-winning organisation, and we are also an Investors in People accredited organisation, so you can be sure we will offer support and guidance during your career with us.
Do you have previous experience as a support worker, care assistant, domiciliary/home care, or residential homes then this would be ideal for you. If you are new to care, full training will be provided. We are just looking for caring and compassionate people who want to make a difference to people's lives.
Support Worker Benefits
- Excellent 4-day initial training programme, a comprehensive 12-week induction programme followed by an ongoing training & development pathway.
- Employee of the month prize
- Team of the month prize
- Career Progression Opportunities - most of our managers started off as support workers!
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 28-day holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Recommend a friend - £250 incentive.
- Employee Assistance Programme focussed on your well-being.
- Access to Blue Light Card savings - The UK's number one discount service for the emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces
Service:Oster House is a Supported Living Plus Service in the vibrant community of St Albans, which supports young people and adults (16-65 year olds) with complex needs to become significantly more independent within the community.
Support Worker duties:
- Supporting residents to develop independence and life skills
- Assisting people to achieve daily goals & daily activities such as arts, crafts, hobbies
- Assisting with the development of person centred plans for our residents
- This includes employment, education and other opportunities
- Maintaining records and drawing up risk assessments
- Providing personal care where needed always working towards more independence
- Supporting people in undertaking daily activities or development
At Precious Homes, we work by empowering individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Conditions, and other complex needs, to live as independently as possible, to become integral members of the community and to achieve their goals and aspirations through individual care pathways. As a social care provider we also empower our staff family to make important decisions in the workplace and our aim is to be as person centred with our staff as we are with our service users. IND1
- Home Care
- Risk Analysis
- Self Motivation
- Social Work
- Well Being And Personal Care