Support Worker Mental Health Transition Service
£9.00 Days per hour
£9.50 Nights per hour
Our client is looking for caring, compassionate individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of others. All staff must be DBS (Disclosing and Barring Service) checked.
Purpose of the Role
* To understand, promote and achieve the highest possible quality of life for service users.
* To provide an individualised 24-hour programme for each service user in the home, providing a challenging, but comfortable, environment.
* Promoting service users interests and always protecting them from harm.
* Mental Health Experience within a hospital ,supported living home or on a community team
* To develop an understanding of the needs of service users' other needs and disabilities.
* Working closely with all managers of the organisation to achieve the highest possible quality of care for service users.
* To become a key worker for an individual service user, understanding that person's particular needs and to coordinate and organise the service to meet those special needs.
* To undertake all of the recording necessary for service users care and support.
* As part of a team to receive service users on admission, and during their time in the unit provide for their physical and emotional care.
* To develop the life and social skills of service users. To understand this and make appropriate recordings of the development.
* To liaise as key worker with service users families and advocates and to attend appropriate meetings.
* To assist service users with personal care, understanding each service user's particular needs, understanding how to communicate with them, and promoting choice, dignity and respect at all times.
* To be responsible for the appropriate recording, and upkeep of, the service user's files.
* To ensure that the relevant documentation is completed for each shift, which includes the daily occurrence sheet, the diary, the message book, the medication sheets, and the complaints book.
* To follow organisation's and unit's Policies and Procedures in the administration and recording of medication.
* To follow the Health and Safety Policy for the unit, and to undertake risk assessments at regular intervals for their key service user