Part Time: Support Worker (18 hours)
Hours shift and overnight work required
£9.05 phr plus sleep in allowance
Could you be our next Support Worker helping people with sight loss and complex needs to live more independently? In Redhill we are looking for caring individuals who want to make a real difference, whilst enjoying a work life that offers variety each day.
It really is a Support Worker career like no other! No working day is the same but you will be helping residents to live as independently as possible and engage in activities that are so often taken for granted.
* Full training will be provided
* Enjoy ongoing training and a gain a recognised Care Certificate
* Optional Health & Social Care Diploma
* Generous Holiday allowance
* To provide personal, intellectual, social, emotional and physical support to participants.
* To support the participants in accessing both community and leisure activities, and working with them in order to facilitate experiential learning opportunities.
* To support individuals to achieve their goals and aspirations through person centred planning.
* To provide support to participants in maintaining home management skills and finance
* To carry out prior risk assessments of community venues / activities and participants need in order to ensure the safety of the individuals participating.
* To work alongside individual participants enabling them to develop their own individual skills and abilities that will allow them to achieve greater independence and autonomy.
* To be responsible for the safety and welfare of individuals who have multi-disabilities.
* To be responsible for administering medication.
You don't need qualifications to join us as we will help you achieve these. You just need to:
* Want to make a difference
* Be fun to be with
* Have patience and be calm under pressure as well as sociable, caring and supportive
* Work as part of a team to provide excellent person-centred support to our residents and their families
* Have good problem solving and communications skills
* Prioritise your workload effectively
* Work varied shifts on a rota basis (including the occasional sleep in) for at least 18 hours a week.
Experience of working in a social care or residential environment is desirable but not essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.