We are seeking to recruit an experienced Support Worker to work flexible shifts with adults with mild learning disabilities or mental health needs in a supported living service in Cannock, Staffordshire. The service consists of 10 flats and typically the Support Worker would be on site to support one or more of the service users with community access or domestic help and care activities. This is not a challenging service, the emphasis is on providing support to the individuals to live as independently as possible on their own.
- Providing Support to service users in their own home
- Supporting service users with community access
- The worker will also support with domestic duties such as cooking and cleaning
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 6 month’s experience as a Support Worker in a similar environment in the UK
- Undertaken mandatory healthcare training previously although we will of course provide the worker with refresher training free of charge
- Be prepared to undertake an Enhanced DBS check
- Be able to provide 2 references, one of which must be in Healthcare
If you are looking to join an agency as a Support Worker for shifts and live in Cannock or any of the surrounding areas such as Heath Hayes, Great Wyrley, Huntingdon, Hednesford or Brownhills then we would love to hear from you. We have a variety of hours available at this service, earlies, lates, long days and nights. The rate of pay will be £8.75 + Holiday pay (11%).
For more information please apply via the job board. We are looking forward to hearing from you