Support Worker - Botley - £10.49 per hour - Full time/part time roles available
Driver preferred (car provided). Full comprehensive training provided.
Do you want to make a real difference in someone's life!
Mimosa Lodge is an eight bedded registered service which is situated in Boorley Green Botley. We provide care and support for individuals with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
We are looking to expand our team of support workers:
Are you passionate about the delivery of care?
Are you a team player?
Do you thrive on making a difference to other people lives?
If your answer is yes, and you would like the chance to join our dedicated team and really make a difference to other people's lives, then Mimosa Lodge is the place for you to work.
The work can at times present us with challenges but the rewards of supporting people to achieve and fulfil their goals is priceless.
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
All applicants and subsequent job offers will be subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet.
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
- Learning Disabilities
- Self Motivation
- Team Working
- Well Being And Personal Care