Dorset DCA - £9.70ph - Driver with own vehicle required
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Support Workers, to assist People we Support with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and mobility issues, at a 4 bedroom Supported Living House in Christchurch.
Benefits for Voyage Care Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (of up to 42 hours) plus overtime if available
- Competitive rates of pay
- Paid face to face and online training
- Company pension and paid holiday
- Employee benefits
- Recommend a Friend scheme which rewards £500 - £2000 T&Cs apply
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of those in your local community
Voyage Care Support Workers understand the importance of promoting independence and enable the People we Support to lead a fulfilling life by assisting them in social activities and day to day tasks.
Support may include (but not be limited to):
- Accessing the community for social activities and the pursuit of hobbies and interest
- Planning for holiday's and other long term goals
- Prompting and administration of medication
- Assistance with day to day tasks
- Assisting with financial matters
- Personal Care
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Voyage Care provide full training to all Support Workers.
Due to the location of this service we are looking for candidates who hold a full UK driving licence and their own vehicle.
Voyage Care are able to consider both full and part time Support Workers for this service. All Support Workers will be required a mixture of early, late and long day shifts.
Please note that the role will include weekend work, shifts on public holidays and some sleep in shifts.
Voyage Care ask that all Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are flexible in the shifts they are able to work
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
To ensure the safety of both the people we support and our workforce, is is required that all frontline staff who work for Voyage Care are willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010