FitzRoy are pleased to be recruiting a Support Worker for our Residential care home in Stone, Dartford, close to Bluewater shopping centre. The home provides social care and support for up to 12 residents with learning disabilities, including physical disabilities and complex health needs. It is split into two sides across one level, with 6 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, dining room and lounge in each side.
People we support enjoy a spacious living area with a large garden which is put to good use in the summer months. Residents have been supported to decorate and furnish their home how they wish. All bathrooms are adapted with ceiling hoists included. There are hydrotherapy baths and areas of the home set up for sensory experiences. Our staff support residents to access the community whether it is to the local day centre, rebound therapy, out for a meal, personal shopping or even to watch the local football team play! We have an adapted vehicle to support people out and about. Turnbull Close has always had feedback that it is a homely, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
If you enjoy supporting people to maintain a high quality of life and want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you!
- Weekday rates from £10.02ph rising to £14.52ph with overtime (above 37.5 hours), weekend rates from £11.02ph rising to £15.52ph with overtime (above 37.5 hours).
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week).
- Part Time (varied hours) also considered but must be flexible and meet the needs of the service.
- Typical shift patterns: 07.30-15.00 or 14.30-22.00 but vary based on the needs of the service.
- Sleep-in shifts paid at a flat rate of £45
- Alternate weekend work required at an enhanced pay rate as mentioned above.
- For this role it is preferred that you have a full driving licence and are willing to drive FitzRoy vehicles.
- Supporting everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- *Overtime attracts + £1.50 per hour, until March 2022 we’re temporarily offering + £4.50 per hour. (over 37.5 hours)
Our vaccination requirements
Applicants must demonstrate a COVID PASS.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form.
- Learning Disabilities
- Well Being And Personal Care
- Social Work