Job Title: Support Worker - Full-Time - 35 hours per week or Part-Time - up to 28 hours per week Location: Yeadon area of Leeds Shifts: Monday-Sunday, working on a rota of the following shifts; Early - 7:30am-2:30pm, Late - 2:30pm-9:30pm and Night (Sleeps) - 9:30pm-7:30am Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour Overtime available at an enhanced rate of +£2ph above hourly pay rates We're proud to pay all employees at National Living Wage rate, or above, including those aged under 23 About this Job: We are looking for friendly, caring, reliable and conscientious care staff who want to make a real difference to the lives of people at our service in Yeadon, Leeds.
You will be supporting individuals with Acquired Brain Injury to achieve the following:
- Structure to their day
- Support with activities involved in daily life
- Promote their independence and re-enablement
- Support the quality of life and potential of each individual
- Knowledge of / employed experience in ABI care is preferred but not essential as all new staff will be given training tailored to the needs of the service.
- Fully flexible approach to 24 hour shift patterns - which include days and sleep-ins at competitive rates.
- Confidence in lone working with vulnerable individuals in the community.
- Ability to explore and support individuals in accessing community activities.
- To ensure that we can keep both the People we Support and our workforce safe, it is a requirement that all frontline staff who work for Voyage Care are willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We offer a great range of benefits which include:-
- Paid DBS & Holidays **
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme which rewards £500 to £2000 T&C apply.
**Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
COVID-19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Self Motivation