* Health And Social Care
Posted Today by Mencap
Be one of the first ten applicants
£17,328 per annum
Egham , Surrey
Permanent, full-time or part-time
About this company
Thanks to the ongoing success of the current service, we are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Support Workers to join our team in Egham, to support 6 people whom have a learning disability. We are looking for vibrant, caring and honest individuals who will support our individuals live the life they choose to live.
We have various contracts available and welcome applicants that are looking for full-time or part-time opportunities. Shifts are rota based and will be spread across morning, afternoons, evening and include sleep ins (Payment for sleepins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
As a Support Worker some of things you will be involved with include:
* Giving the people we support person-centred support in doing the things they love, and in making choices and decisions.
* Supporting S.H in preparing and eating meals
* Encouraging the people within the service to try new things, to grow and develop to their full potential
* Supporting P.M with washing, finances and medication
* Supporting J.S with aspects of personal care
Some things that are particularly important to the people we support include a wide range of treats and activities. For example, G.B feels that his black coffee and an occasional Tia Maria and coke is important to him - who doesn't enjoy a nightcap? Both J.C and L.H love to hang out with the people we support at the home - there's a real sense of friendship at the service, something that's particularly important to both the staff and the people we support.
All you'll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people we care for, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlusscheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more viaMencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRockprogram
* Access to award winning training and development
T&C's apply based on contract
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.
Report this job
Back to job details
Back to job details
Replace a job alert
You already have ten job alerts saved, select a search below to replace it.
View all my job alerts
Get Job Alerts straight to your inbox
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
Your Job Alert has been created and your search saved.
'Saved search name'
Choose alert frequency:
Back to job details