Dorset DCA - £9.51ph - Driver with own vehicle required
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Support Workers, who will be providing support to individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Complex Behaviour.
Support Workers will be working at our 5 person Supported Living Service in Shillingstone and Outreach Services in the local area.
Benefits for Voyage Care Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (up to 35 hours per week) plus overtime if available
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free, industry leading, face to face and online training
- Paid mileage if working at Outreach Services
- Company pension
- Paid Holidays
- Access to The Blue Light Card
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the People we Support in their home and local community
Support Workers will assist the People we Support in all aspects of their life that they need assistance. Support may include (but not be limited to):
- Community access and social events
- Undertaking hobbies and other interests
- Assistance with daily household tasks
- Listening and emotional support
- Medication Administration
- Personal Care
- Financial Assistance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Voyage Care provide full (paid) training to all Support Workers.
Due to the locality of this service it is essential that Support Workers hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
The available role is for a full time Support Worker. All Support Workers will be required a mixture of early, late and long day shifts.
Please note that the role will include weekend work, shifts on public holidays and some sleep in shifts.
Voyage Care ask that all Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work
- Currently hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010