Support Worker - Eastleigh, Hampshire - £9.52 per hour
Voyage Care are currently looking to recruit a number of Support Workers into our brand new, purpose built supported living services in Eastleigh. The service is comprised of 18 individual, self-contained flats on one site in Eastleigh.
Voyage Care are able to offer both full and part time roles which will be a mixture of early, late and long days shifts with the possibility of occasional sleep in shifts.
As a Support Worker with Voyage Care you will be working with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs. You will be promoting independence and supporting them to lead a life that is as fulfilling as possible by enabling them to participate in social based activities and day to day tasks.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a an-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
Typical Shifts:- 7am-2pm; 2pm-9pm; Long days - this would also include soeme sleep-in shifts on a rota basis.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- Competitive rates of pay
- A clearly defined career path if you want it
- A mixture of in house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from now £250-£750 T&C's Apply
- Flexibility. This is a shift based role that can include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
- Experience with and/or a willingness to participate in moving and assisting.
- Prior experience in a health and social care working environment essential
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
It is an expectation that all staff are to have had or be part of the Covid- 19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason".
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have an in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe
Coordinating With Others