Support Worker - Fareham, Hampshire - £9.52 per hour- ** £500 Welcome Bonus**
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Support Workers in Fareham, to support individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism and associated conditions at a brand new supported living service. Promoting independence, Support Workers assist the People we Support to lead a fulfilling life by enabling them to participate in day to day tasks and social activities.
Benefits for Voyage Care Support Workers include:
- Competitive rates of pay
- A clearly defined career path if you want it
- A mixture of in-house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life assurance & pension scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from now £500 - £2000 T&C's Apply
- £500 welcome bonus
As well as a rewarding job, we're offering all new starters a welcome bonus of £500!
(£250 after month 1 and £250 after probation)
Working either as part of a core team or on a one to one basis, Support Workers will be providing person centred support in a growing service for up to 13 people we support.
Voyage Care are able to offer both full and part time roles at this service. Daytime shifts operate between the hours of 7am and 10pm. Support Workers will need to be able to work a mixture of early, late and long day (12 hour) shifts with occasional sleep in shifts.
Voyage Care are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Roles undertaken by Support Workers may include (but not be limited to):
- Assisting the People we Support to shop for things they wish to buy including clothes and food, and to assist with the preparation of meals.
- Helping the People we Support with domestic chores (including cleaning and laundry).
- Supporting the People we Support with any aspects of personal care required ensuring to promote as much independence as possible. (Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet)
- Assist the people we support to manage their finances.
- Prompting and administration of medication
- Assisting the People we Support to make and attend appointments
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, this may include; shopping, swimming, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
Voyage Care ask that Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work (including; weekend work, public holidays and occasional sleep ins)
- Currently hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
The individuals we support at this service enjoy a lot of community access, so confidence in lone working is essential. We are therefore looking for Support Workers with previous experience who can hit the ground running. However we will still provide a full training programme that is specific to the needs of the individuals we support.
You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend, night and Bank Holiday shifts. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a an-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
It is an expectation that all staff are to have had or be part of the Covid- 19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010