Job Title:- Support Worker
As a support worker at Voyage Care, you will support a number of individuals aged 18-65, on a 1:1 basis. All of the individuals we support have varying degrees of Learning Disabilities, Autism, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health and Acquired Brain Injuries (this varies depending on which service you would work for). You'll help the individuals to lead as fulfilling a life as possible, assisting them to make informed choices and maintain as much independence as possible.
We would assist the people we support with various activities, such as bowling, shopping, day trips and short breaks away. This is a shift based role so flexibility is essential.
For this position, previous experience is required due to the needs of the people we support.
Your duties will also include:
- Providing personal care
- Moving and handling needs
- Support with medication and complex clinical needs
- Assisting with daily living tasks
- Helping people to learn new skills
- Encouraging people to reach their full potential
- Supporting people to live as independently as possible
We offer a great range of benefits which include:
- Paid DBS and holidays
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Childcare vouchers
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010