SE2, Abbey Wood, Greater London
£9 - £10 / hour
Index Care Supported Living Service was established to provide tailored support and care to vulnerable individuals and tenants (living in their own home), aged 18 years and over,with learning disability and/or mental health diagnosis.
Your primary role will be in maintaining a safe and homely environment that promotes empowerment, independence and choice for those placed in our care, whilst enhancing their daily living skills, enabling individuals to progress to a less supported care setting, over time.
Job titles vary and you may also be known as:
• Key Worker
• Support Worker
Support Worker Responsibilities
• Undertake review of individual care needs assessments so that you can identify and plan the support needed to address issues and prevent any problems from escalating
• Undertake regular caseload review meetings to ensure individuals are fully supported to progress and achieve desired outcomes
• Work with colleagues, health and social care professionals and multi-agency networks to evaluate caseload needs and the progress that has been made
• Adhere to professional practice standards and legislation, including confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion policies
• Manage your own workload, administration and diary commitments
• Support individuals with learning and development
• Provide practical home management and budgeting advice to parents
• Coach, mentor and motivate individuals to understand the benefits of relevant activities
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date administration and caseload records, including reports of all interactions
Support Worker Salary
Starting rate of pay for a support worker is £9.00 per hour
With experience or a particular specialism, this could typically rise to between £9.50 and £10.00 per hour, especially if you're also in a supervisory role.
Full-time support workers usually work 37.5 hours per week. There are also part-time, casual and job share options available.
You may have to work early mornings, evenings and weekends to accommodate the service needs and commitments