Dimensions UK Ltd
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Cardiff and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
Are you looking for a new support role which offers you flexibility, training, career development and the chance to make a life changing impact? Dimensions are currently looking for support staff to join our inspiring care team in Cardiff. You will need to be caring, ambitious, thoughtful and most importantly, kind. The contract offers ultimate flexibility and is a great footstep into the healthcare sector, whether you have supported people with learning disabilities before or you are looking for a change of career, we would love to hear from you.
It is essential that you hold a full driving licence due to the needs of the people we
support.The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique "Activate" approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you their Support Worker by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people, you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate' model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our 'Activate' approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you've changed someone's life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can
be.Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:Ambition-
helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
being honest and
fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it's meaningful for the person you're supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions - including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone's voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you'll need
to join the team - they're beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people's lives, every working day!Your rewards
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attachedApply now
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Shah Amour on [Click here to apply]
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.