Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Park St, St Albans
Full time and Part time Positions Available
As a Support Worker at Birchwood Bungalow, you will work with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities and physical disabilities, to promote independence and support them to lead as fulfilling life as possible, incorporating both therapy based activities and social based activities.
** Due to the location of the service and needs of the people we support we do require drivers with a full UK manual driving license**
Your duties will also include:
- Helping the people we support to learn new skills.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks.
- Ensuring the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Supporting our clients to live as independently as possible.
- Providing personal care.
- Moving and handling needs
- Support with medication and complex clinical needs.
- Support to access activities and socialise with others
- Paid DBS* and holidays
- Salary scale/progression if you want it
- Life insurance and pension scheme
- Retail rewards and savings
- Gym and fitness discounts
- Long service awards
- "Recommend a Friend Scheme which rewards £500 to £2000 T&C apply"
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.