*£500 Welcome Bonus*
*As well as a rewarding job, we're offering new starters a welcome bonus of £500!*
Overtime available at an enhanced rate of +£2ph above hourly pay rates
We're proud to pay all employees at National Living Wage rate, or above, including those aged under 23
Job Title: Support Workers
Part time: 25 Hours per week
Service/Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales
Pay Rate: £9.20 per hour
Role Overview -
We are expanding our team and looking for genuinely caring and hands on individuals to join our team of Support Workers.
You will be supporting people in their own homes and within the community, assisting them to lead independent and fulfilling lives; the people we support are at the heart of all we do. A big part of your role will be supporting people to do their favourite things and try new activities. We ensure they reach their full potential - and of course we'll make sure that you reach yours.
As a leader in health care and support services for individuals throughout the UK, Voyage Care supports thousands of people. Across our services we support people to do various activities to enhance their lives.
The individuals we support enjoy a lot of community access, so confidence in lone working is essential.
The person specification we would stress that the most important factor needed in supporting the client is the right disposition. We are looking for calm, relaxed and supportive individuals. You will generally be upbeat and present a balanced, consistent and positive approach to in all situations.
- Basic numeracy & literacy skills
- Level 2/3 qualification in Social Care
Experience in supporting people with severe learning disabilities & autism is required
- Knowledge of the Person-Centered approach
- Able and willing to drive
- Patience and consistency of approach
- Passion for making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Ability to foresee and sensitively manage potentially challenging situations
- Ability to engage constructively and regularly with the service user's immediate family members
- Willingness to be flexible
- Willingness to undertake all identified training
- Able to 'drive' a wheelchair and utilize specialist mobility equipment with training
- Able to undertake a broad range of moderately physical activities
- Able and willing to carry out normal household chores including cleaning, making beds, cooking, washing clothes and personal care
We offer a great range of benefits which include:
- Paid DBS & Holidays **
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme which rewards £500 to £2000 T&C apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
"COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe."
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Learning Disabilities