We are looking for a confident Care & Support Worker with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working up to 42 hours a week, days and nights, making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Thornfield Grange.
*Part time contracts of 24 and 36 hours also available*
*Pay increase up to £10.40ph after 18 months*
Thornfield Grange is a specialist residential service with nursing for adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. Based in Bishop Auckland, County Durham, Thornfield Grange supports individuals who have behaviours that may challenge, as well as those who have significant difficulties with social engagement.
It has a range of facilities for residents, including an Activities of Daily Living (ADL) skills kitchen and a state of the art sensory room designed to develop and engage individual’s senses. Within the grounds, there is an allotment, which is looked after by the residents. Other outdoor activities are available and there is a large lawn with patio and seating areas for residents and their visitors to enjoy as well as a sensory garden.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
- Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Opportunities for further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Flexible working with the opportunity for overtime
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Recruitment referrals
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Learning Disabilities