Are you an experienced Support Worker, passionate about providing high levels of care and support to individuals with mental health conditions and challenges behaviours? Are you supportive and compassionate and comfortable dealing with very high-needs patients? If so this sounds like a role for you!
We are supporting a prestigious organisation based in Cumbria who have a number of opportunities. The individual should have great communication skills, and a passion for working with individuals with Mental Health conditions/Learning Disabilities and being their advocate.
This Support Worker role involves providing support within mixed sex acute and PICU mental health units with patients aged from 18+.
Excellent hourly rates of:
(Umbrella Company rates)
Days £15 per hour
Nights & Saturdays £20 per hour
Sundays £25 per hour
There are ongoing day and night shifts available. Block bookings available.
As a Support Worker within an acute/PICU Mental Health setting, you will have PMVA training due to the nature of the work - Randstad are able to provide this if needed.
The Support Worker's typical shift could involve:
* Assisting nursing team with observations.
* Completing observations when patients are sleeping.
* Food preparation for supper (i.e. making toast and hot chocolate)
* Having 1-to-1 time to talk with the patients.
* Supporting patients with getting ready for bed/getting up and ready in the morning.
* Working 1-2-1 with newly referred admissions to the ward.
Benefits to the Support Worker include:
* Quieter ward and environment
* Ultra-competitive pay
* Working for a committed, supportive and experienced Ward Manager who offers an 'open-door' policy at all times to help resolve any challenges.
* Always a nurse available for additional support.
* Always being on shift with a permanent member of staff who is an expert on the patients they look after
* Up to £150 worth of vouchers when you Refer a Friend to Randstad
To be considered for Support Worker role, you must:
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Experience working with patients who display challenging behaviours.
* MUST have valid PMVA training with certificate
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim or permanent post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, we offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have available please contact Ben on (phone number removed), or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing