We are seeking Young Persons Support Workers in the Bolton area to effectively deliver semi-independent living support to vulnerable young people aged 16- 21.
As a support worker you will work with young people to promote and develop essential life skills to support their transition into independent living.
Main responsibilities include:
* Monitor the health and safety of the young person and the property
* Monitor the young person’s ability to engage with everyday living and develop skills where necessary
* Establish good relationships with the young people
* Promote professional boundaries between employee and young people
* Escalate concerns including safeguarding regarding young people’s welfare to Head Office
* Encourage young people to access education, training, employment and any other activities supporting any application or enrolment process
* Complete daily notes regarding each young person’s progress
* Attend regular support & supervisions
* Minimum of 6 months’ experience working with children and young people- can be volunteer or personal experiences
* Will be expected to work; days, evenings, overnights and weekends as required
* Effective communication skills