Sugarman Health & Wellbeing are looking for a Support Worker in Halifax. This role is a package supporting a young-adult lady with complex needs - Level 3 with SMA, Tracheostomy, and Ventilator dependent. That includes Bowel Management, Catheter Care, promoting independence, and giving the best quality care.
What does the role involve?
- Following an up to date care plan at all times
- Following internal policies and procedures at all times
- Personal care
- Assistance with showering and dressing
- Prepare and cook nutritional meals
- Protecting dignity and privacy
- Medication administration
- Promoting independence and choice
- Providing a safe and person-centered care service
- Able to work in a private work environment
- Able to work with animals (pets) around
- Level of Care: level 3 - Complex needs & clinical training will be provided
- Ventilator dependent
- Supra Pubic Catheter
- Cough assist
- Full hoist transfer x 2 staff
- 2:1 staff for days & nights
- Competitive Salary - £10.00 - £11.50 Per Hour (increase in hourly pay when clinically competent to £11.00-£12.50p/h)
- Flexible working hours
- FREE training - MANDATORY & CLINICAL
- paid holiday (pro-rata)
- Company pension scheme
- Career Progression opportunities
- Weekly payment
- You must have at least 6 months of professional care experience for this role
- Drivers with full UK Drivers licence
- You must have an enhanced DBS or willing to do a new one
Start Date: On completion of registration
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: £10.00-£11.50 per hour
- FULL-TIME DAYS: 06:30 AM - 20:30 PM.
- FULL-TIME NIGHTS: Shifts between 20:30 PM - 06:30 AM
- MONTHLY shift-rota
- 14 Hour day Shift/ 10 hrs night shifts
- Day Shifts/Night Shifts
- Monday to Sunday
- You need to be able to work weekends
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity, or disability.
Please contact Daniel Tudor on 07459 930 588 for more information about the role.