Support Worker - New Milton, Hampshire - £9.51 per hour
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Support Workers in New Milton, to support individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism and associated conditions at a supported living service. Promoting independence, Support Workers assist the People we Support to lead a fulfilling life by enabling them to participate in day to day tasks and social activities.
Benefits for Voyage Care Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (of up to 42 hours) plus overtime if preferred
- Competitive rates of pay
- Off road parking available for Support Workers who drive
- Paid face to face, online training and DBS
- Company pension and paid holiday
- Employee benefits
Working either as part of a core team or on a one to one basis, Support Workers will be providing person centred support in a growing service that will house 18 People we Support.
Voyage Care are able to offer both full and part time roles at this service. Daytime shifts operate between the hours of 7am and 10pm. Support Workers will need to be able to work a mixture of early, late and long day (12 hour) shifts with occasional sleep in shifts.
Voyage Care are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a an-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
Roles undertaken by Support Workers may include (but not be limited to):
- Assisting the People we Support to shop for things they wish to buy including clothes and food, and to assist with the preparation of meals.
- Helping the People we Support with domestic chores (including cleaning and laundry).
- Supporting the People we Support with any aspects of personal care required ensuring to promote as much independence as possible. (Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet)
- Assist the people we support to manage their finances.
- Prompting and administration of medication
- Assisting the People we Support to make and attend appointments
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, this may include; shopping, swimming, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
Voyage Care ask that Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding or written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work (including; weekend work, public holidays and occasional sleep ins)
- Currently hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Previous experience in social care working with individuals with Learning Disabilities and Autism and Epilepsy (including Buccal) is desirable but not essential as full training is provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.