Job Description and Responsibilities
Summary about the role
Pay: £10.50 - £11.00 per hour
Location: Lowestoft, add beginning of post code e.g. NR32…
Job type: Bank, part time, full time
Shift patterns: Day, nights, weekends
***£500 welcome bonus***
We're hiring! This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of our new services, alongside our CQC rated outstanding services in the region! We want a compassionate support worker for our specialist behavioural support service in Lowestoft. You'll receive training to provide exceptional care and support to people with a learning disability and/or autism, who may have additional mental health conditions, traumatic backgrounds and challenging behaviour - this includes people moving on from long term hospital stays.
What you'll be doing
You'll be supporting individuals to live a fulfilled and meaningful life. The support worker role is fundamental to providing the very best care and support. This role includes:
- Supporting people with daily routines such as washing, dressing and eating.
- Using therapeutic activities as part of a person-centred support plan.
- Helping people access their local community through education, day trips, visiting shops, cafes and parks.
- Working with an outstanding team to deliver exceptional care and support.
- Administering medication - your team will train you and show you how!
- Using your admin skills to record and complete essential, daily documentation.
At the end of your day, you'll go home with the biggest smile on your face knowing you've made a difference to someone's life.
- You'll have previous experience of working with people who have a learning disability and / or autism, who may display challenging behaviour, have a mental health condition or traumatic backgrounds.
- You're resilient, flexible and composed in your approach.
- You'll follow positive behaviour support plans to ensure safe and meaningful support is delivered at all times.
- You always have the best interests of the people we support at heart.
- You love getting involved in fun activities like baking, crafting, gardening and much more.
- Ultimately, you'll play a huge part in empowering people to build their confidence and learn new skills.
As well as a rewarding role, and working with a fun and supportive team, we offer an exciting range of benefits:
- £500 welcome bonus*
- Over time available at an enhanced rate of +£2 per hour above hourly pay rate.
- Paid training and induction
- Funded nationally recognised qualifications such as level three in Health and Social Care.
- Employee discount app - discounts at leading retail stores including Argos and Asda, and leisure attractions, such as Alton Towers and Sea Life Centre.
- Blue Light Card - recognised discount card for hundreds of high street retailers, restaurants and cinemas.
- Free external counselling support and advice service available 24/7
- We'll pay for your DBS checks
- Paid annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance policy - offering security for your loved ones
- Long service award - reward scheme marking 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of working with us.
- Refer a friend - receive £500 or refer three friends and receive £2,000*
If you're passionate about making a difference and are looking for a rewarding career, then apply today!
*Terms and conditions apply
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and regulated activity which will include a check against the barred adult list.
Role Specific Requirements
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Behavior Support
- Stress Management