FitzRoy Residential Care in Rayleigh provides care and support for nine adults aged between 48-63 with learning disabilities and autism, some with physical impairments. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly, established team of 30 staff. The people we support enjoy going swimming, trampolining, listening to music, and watching movies, so no 2 days are the same! A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Weekday rates from £10.02ph rising to £14.52ph with overtime, weekend rates from £11.02ph rising to £15.52ph with overtime
- Part Time (various contracts available)
- Would also consider weekends only at an enhanced rate (see above)
- Typical shifts are 5 hours, and shift pattern will fall between 07.00 and 22.00, although these hours may be flexible dependant on activities
- You will be required 2 out of 3 weekends
- Sleep -ins may be required in emergencies
- For this role it is preferred that you have a full driving licence and are willing to drive FitzRoy vehicles
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 5 hours, and shifts will be 7am-12pm, 8am-1pm, 4.30pm-9.30pm and 5pm-10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- *Overtime attracts + £1.50 per hour, until March 2022 we’re temporarily offering + £4.50 per hour. (over 37.5 hours)
Our vaccination requirements
Applicants must demonstrate a COVID PASS.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form.
- Learning Disabilities
- Well Being And Personal Care
- Medical Emergency